Sometimes, having a routine is a very positive thing. It helps a person get to work on time or make progress on a project. But a routine can get a little boring – and that can sometimes happen with masturbation. Since guys tend to masturbate more than girls (for penis health reasons, plus it’s just fun), this may not be an issue for many women. But lots of bros find themselves ready to self-fondle, but kind of bored with the whole thing. So what to do?
Clearly, if a guy’s masturbation routine is interfering with his enjoyment of his solo sexual time, he needs to either take a break and stop masturbating for a while (which is sometimes a good idea) or he needs to change his game up. For those interested in the latter, try some of the following as a way to make a break from the routine.
– Stand up. Or lie down. With computer porn a big part of masturbation for many men, lots of guys spend time masturbating while sitting in a chair in front of a screen. An easy way to shake things up a little is to stand up at the desk while stroking. Those with a laptop or mobile device may want to bring it to bed and lie down for a little stimulating session there.
– Or turn it off. Or here’s a radical idea for those who masturbate while watching porn: don’t. A guy can easily free himself from all those porn channels and Tumblr blogs and use his own imagination to create sexy scenarios that turn him on. This is actually one of the best ways to make his masturbation life more exciting and stimulating; exercising his own fantasy muscles, at least every once in a while, can be a blast.
– Change subjects. Another easy fix. Instead of always masturbating to steamy pictures of blondes, track down some erotic redhead shots. If tall women turn a guy on, he can view some petite versions for a change of pace. The internet is full of sexual experiences for every possible taste, so do a little exploration to see what else is out there. Don’t be afraid to push the comfort zone a little.
– Change locations. A change of scene can do wonders. That may mean masturbating in the living room instead of the bedroom, or the kitchen instead of the bathroom. Or it may mean a bigger change – taking matters into his own hands in the men’s room at work, for instance, or in the car, or (if he has a good privacy wall), in the backyard. (Just be careful not to get busy in a situation that could get a person fired or jailed!)
– Get a partner. Maybe what’s missing from a guy’s solo time is a partner. Not everyone would feel comfortable doing this, but some people might want to ask their wife or best buddy to share in their masturbating experience. For those with someone in their life that they can broach the subject with, it can be very rewarding.
– Work on timing. Sometimes just masturbating at a different time – before breakfast rather than before bedtime, say – can make a big difference. Or a guy who likes a session to last for an hour can try to get off as quickly as possible.
Changing the masturbation routine, even just for a short while, can put some life back into the experience. After all, variety is the spice of life.